Kaptur – one month into the projectPosted: November 11, 2011
The following blog post is based on a report submitted to Simon Hodson, JISCMRD Programme Manager, on Friday 4th November:
1. Project Outputs
- project web page template completed
- project documentation completed (this will be made available via our outputs page very soon)
- project blog: https://kaptur.wordpress.com
- project website: http://vads.ac.uk/kaptur
2. Additional Outputs
- Project Officers carried out 8 probing interviews, a report is available
from Tahani Nadim, Goldsmiths, University of London, here:
The purpose of the interviews was to inform the environmental assessment.
- A Kaptur Google calendar was created in order to provide a central location for project activities, this will include the workpackage dates soon. It currently includes events we are attending.
- A SlideShare account was created because this is a good way to record impact and disseminate project outputs.
- John Murtagh, University of the Arts London Project Officer, created a Kaptur Facebook page again to try and maximise our dissemination networks.
- Press release via JISCMail lists
- Press release via lead institution’s website and via press contacts
- Press releases at each individual institution customised with quotes from their senior management
- Blog posts and tweets
- Project Director visit to DCC and EDiNA
- Project Manager visit to attend RDMF7
It is very positive that we did not need to recruit anyone in order to form the Project Team, however we have had to spend the past month trying to clarify roles and responsibilities with the regard to the number of days that each of us are working on Kaptur and also considering how this work relates to other duties and how we can maximise our resources that way.