#jiscmrd programme launch – CommonalitiesPosted: December 15, 2011
Simon Hodson, JISCMRD Programme Manager, has asked all projects to do a short blog post about commonalities.
Kaptur has previously highlighted the commonalities with the first round of JISCMRD programme funding (2009-11) and how we plan to use training materials produced by Project CAiRO and also have spent time looking at JISC Incremental. The commonalities identified so far from the JISCMRD Programme launch are:
The session on the last day put a few of the projects together in an ‘Arts and Humanities’ group. Some of the projects that are particularly relevant to us are:
- data.bris – Simon Price, Project Manager and Stephen Gray, Digital Projects Support Officer (formerly Project CAiRO Project Manager)
- Sustainable Management of Digital Music Research Data – similar approach to us with their interviews
- iridium – covering a range of subject areas including the arts
- REWARD – a six month project at UCL (Archaeology)
- Research Data @Essex
2. Pilot infrastructure
Kaptur is one of 17 projects in Strand A of the JISCMRD programme (Simon Hodson’s blog post on this) – we are therefore seeking to both learn lessons from more experienced projects in this strand (who had previous JISCMRD funding or links) and also find out how similar pilot projects are approaching things.
- Managing Research Data: a pilot study in Health and Life Sciences – a pilot project at University of the West of England (UWE are also a member of the Kultur II Group and have a ‘kulturised’ EPrints research repository!)
- DataFlow – keeping an eye on Data Management Rollout at Oxford (DaMaRO) – although DataFlow is in the ‘Cloud’ there does also appear to be an option to have a local Web server.
- SWORD-ARM – SWORD & Archaeological Research data Management
- During the Programme Launch there was a lot of talk about DCC tools including DMP Online, DAF, and CARDIO – look out for a future blog post about our environmental assessment methodology.
- Also keen to learn lessons from the MaDAM project, which is now MiSS (MaDAM into Sustainable Service) – http://www.miss.manchester.ac.uk/ (great URL!)
- Research360@Bath looks good too!
Please let me know if I have overlooked any projects that are relevant to Kaptur – we are interested in engaging with other projects and welcome feedback!
- JISCMRD02-Commonalities Google spreadsheet
- Google Reader “Research data management” bundle created by Jez Cope