Meeting at Goldsmiths College, University of LondonPosted: May 28, 2012
All the members of the project team met at Goldsmiths College, University of London last week in order to collaborate on two aspects of the project: the development of the RDM policies, and the promotion of KAPTUR.
- The Project Manager is working with Angus Whyte and Andrew McHugh from the Digital Curation Centre on two small events: Selecting and Appraising Research Data; and Using the OAIS Functional Model.
- The Project Officers are each raising awareness of the importance of effective Research Data Management at their institutions; developments seem to be quite diverse between the four institutions although the KAPTUR project represents an opportunity to learn from each other and the nuances of each different institution.
- The Technical Manager will be installing DataFlow’s DataStage onto his laptop so we can have a demonstration at the next meeting.
- The Project Officers and Project Manager are working on publicity to further promote the Environmental Assessment report.
- The Project Director reported that KAPTUR’s abstract for the Digital Humanities Congress 2012, University of Sheffield, had been successful.