KAPTUR – eight months into the project (8/18)Posted: June 12, 2012
This is our update for the end of the eighth month:
WP1: Project Management
- All the members of the project team met at Goldsmiths College, University of London on 22nd May.
WP3: Technical Infrastructure
- The Technical Manager attended the Eduserv Symposium 2012: Big Data, Big Deal? on 10th May.
- The Technical Manager has raised work requests with UCA IT department, and a blog post about development timescales is available.
- The Technical Manager will be installing DataFlow’s DataStage onto his laptop so we can have a demonstration at the next meeting in early July.
- University of the Arts London (UAL) will take part in the DCC Institutional Engagement programme, this will include support to produce their RDM policy. Martin Donnelly from the DCC attended meetings at UAL on 16th May (to discuss the DCC tools and IE programme) and on 11th June (to discuss forming the RDM policy).
- University for the Creative Arts now have a draft RDM policy which has been informed by both the work of University of Edinburgh and University of East London; this will be discussed further at an RDM working group meeting in June.
- Both the Glasgow School of Art and Goldsmiths College, University of London, are in the process of drafting their RDM policies.
- The Project Director’s abstract for the Digital Humanities Congress 2012, University of Sheffield, has been successful.
- The EVA 2012 paper written by the Project Director and Project Manager has been accepted for publication following peer review.
- The Project Director and the Project Manager attended the DataCite workshop at the British Library (blog post).
- The GSA Project Officer will be talking about KAPTUR at the Staff Briefing event in September.
- The Goldsmiths Project Officer has been invited to give a talk to the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP), and will also be doing a webinar for the Repositories Support Project, both in July.
- The UCA Project Officer will be writing a short article about KAPTUR for the ‘Between the sheets’ UCA Library newsletter.
- The UAL Project Officer attended a JISC MRD event at University of the West of England, Bristol (blog post).
- The Project Officers and Project Manager are working on publicity to further promote the Environmental Assessment report.
- The Project Manager is working with Angus Whyte and Andrew McHugh from the Digital Curation Centre on two small events: Selecting and Appraising Research Data; and Using the OAIS Functional Model.