KAPTUR one year on – (2/3)Posted: October 22, 2012
This is our update for the end of the twelfth month of KAPTUR; we are just past the two-thirds mark! For an overview of the past year, please visit the KAPTUR Prezi.
WP1: Project Management
- The Project team have been in contact by telephone and email; four colleagues will be attending the JISCMRD Programme meeting this week in Nottingham.
WP3: Technical Infrastructure
- The Technical Manager has written a blog post with more detail here: Working in Stages with DataStage and Figshare
- The project partners have provided feedback on KAPTUR’s DataStage pilot site.
- The four policies are going through several rounds of committees and are to schedule; this has been the focus of the past month.
- In addition the University of the Arts London’s draft policy is available online: http://www.arts.ac.uk/research/data-management/
WP5: Training and Support
- The KAPTUR training plan is now publicly available.
- The Pinterest links have been linked to via UAL’s RDM pages and DCC’s Marieke Guy’s excellent blog post on The value of video in getting the RDM message across
- The GSA Project Officer taught MRes students about research terminology covering research data and promoting the KAPTUR project; this will feed into our training materials. Blog post about this: Getting to grips with research terminology
- The Project Officers have been in contact with their Research Offices to arrange a half-day training session for Research Office staff and Librarians in order to pilot the KAPTUR training materials.
WP6: Evaluation and Sustainability
- The Project Officers have received a short Word document and model costings template (Excel) and will be piloting this within their own institutions.
- Detailed case study templates have been created and shared with the Project Officers. The case studies will be presented at the end-of-project conference on Wednesday 6th March 2013.
- The Project Director and Project Manager met with DataCite at The British Library to discuss the licence and other aspects of using DataCite.
- The UAL Project Officer’s presentation to Library staff is available on SlideShare.